Wexford County Chapter 13
Key Reasons to File a Wexford County Chapter 13
Filing a Wexford County Chapter 13 Protects Your Home, Vehicles and Income
When you file a Wexford County Chapter 13, you get all the benefits of filing Chapter 7, but there are little known advantages that save you money, and protect your vehicles and real estate. Unlike a Chapter 7, many people “rewrite” contracts for vehicles, mobile homes and business equipment in Chapter 13.
Discharge a Second Mortgage
Many people who file a Wexford County Chapter 13 can discharge their second mortgage when the case is finished. If your first mortgage balance is higher than the value of your home, then the second mortgage can be discharged in a Chapter 13. By eliminating the second mortgage payment, it is possible for many Debtors to keep their home instead of losing it to foreclosure.
While the Chapter 13 plan requires a 36 – 60 month commitment, the financial benefit is worth it. For a detailed analysis of how a Wexford County Chapter 13 can help you, contact Attorney Fragel for a free consultation.
Reasons for Filing Chapter 13
- Mortgage payments can be brought current when you file a Chapter 13 plan.
- Stop foreclosure sales (Sheriff’s Sale) and get caught up while in Chapter 13
- Cancel Second Mortgages – equity loans in many Chapter 13 plans.
- Vehicle and mobile home payments may be lowered when you file Chapter 13.
- If your income is too high for a Chapter 7, you can file Chapter 13.
- If you own too much equity, you can still file Chapter 13.
- Pay back state and federal taxes without penalties in your Chapter 13 plan.
Patrick Fragel has been a bankruptcy attorney in Traverse City, Cadillac, Lake City, Reed City, Baldwin, Mesick, Big Rapids, Ludington, Manistee, Grand Rapids and surrounding areas for more than 15 years. You can rely on his knowledge of the Wexford County Chapter 13 laws to protect your property and income. If you planning to file Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy, call Patrick for straight answers – 231-933-7030
Call Attorney Fragel to Discuss Your Chapter 13 Plan
“We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.” (11 USC 528)
Wexford County Government Center
When Your Home is at Risk
Call Wexford County Chapter 13 Attorney Patrick S. Fragel