St Ignace Criminal Defense
St Ignace Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick S. Fragel is qualified to represent you on felony and misdemeanor charges. If you are caught-up in a drunk driving charge, theft offense, serious assault or drug charges, our firm will provide a criminal defense strategy to protect your rights. With nearly 20 years experience, Attorney Fragel knows the Michigan criminal laws effecting people in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
St Ignace Criminal Defense requires an attorney knowledgeable in the Michigan Criminal Sentencing Guidelines, the Michigan Court Rules, Michigan Rules of Evidence as well as alternatives to jail or prison.
St Ignace Criminal Defense programs may focus on rehabilitating offenders, instead of sending them to jail or prison. While such programs always depend on the Court’s approval, many people qualify for:
- Holmes Youthful Trainee Status for young, first time offenders (MCL 762.11)
- Deferred sentences for some first time drug convictions MCL 333.7411)
- DWI Sobriety Court Program (MCL 600.1084)
- Michigan Department of Corrections “Boot Camp” (MCL 798.11)
- Work Release, Tether and Treatment Programs (“Community Corrections”)
Contact St Ignace Criminal Defense attorney Patrick S. Fragel for a confidential evaluation. With 20 years experience, and a distinguished rating from Martindale-Hubbell, no case is too tough.
St Ignace Criminal Defense Includes:
- Affordable Attorney Fees – Payment Plans
- Arrange for a Bond Review
- Jail Visits After Hours and Weekends
- 24/7 Emergency Consultations
- Investigate Rehabilitation Options
A felony is defined as a crime that has a potential prison term as the punishment. Chippewa County Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick S. Fragel has aggressively defended serious felonies such as negligent homicide, criminal sexual conduct, UDAA, Larceny, Home Invasion, Maintaining a Drug House, Manufacturing Methamphetamine, Delivery of Morphine, Felony OWI, and Assault with a Dangerous Weapon. Many of these Clients have been spared lengthy prison terms due to the defense strategy designed by Patrick S. Fragel.
A misdemeanor is a crime that carries a maximum penalty of a year in the Mackinac County Jail. Such charges include Drunk Driving (OWI), Possession of Marijuana, Use of Morphine, Shop Lifting (Retail Fraud), NSF Checks, and Aggravated Assault. While these crimes do not carry prison terms, a conviction can result in up to a year in Jail. As a Mackinac County Criminal Defense Attorney, Patrick S. Fragel will listen to you, and build a solid defense strategy. Contact him today.
Inspecting the Evidence
Each client has the right to view evidence, interview witnesses, study the police reports and inspect the protocol scientific testing done by the Police. Michigan Court Rule 6.201 provides that Criminal Defendants must be allowed to view all evidence against them. Contact St. Ignace Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick S. Fragel to learn how to obtain the evidence in your criminal case.
St. Ignace Criminal Defense Contacts
- 92nd District Court, 100 S. Marley, St. Ignace, MI 49781, Room 55 (906-643-7321)
- 11th Circuit Court, 100 S. Marley, St. Ignace, MI 49781, Room 10 (906) 643-7300
- Mackinac County Sheriff, 100 S. Marley, St. Ignace, MI 49781 (906) 643-1911
- Mackinac County Jail, 100 S. Marley, St. Ignace, MI 49781 (906) 643-1911